[NatureNS] Concern re: Palmeter Woods

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:16:45 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_vqlqdEYu6yW2kIyo+9wuoQ)

Hi Richard,                May 26, 2010
    The owner or owners of this woodland area have kindly allowed the public to go there for many years and it would be expected, in return, that the public should not interfere with legal activity by the landowner. [I don't btw know any of the landowners, other than by possible Surname].

    The best way to save this land for public enjoyment would be to negotiate purchase with the owner and. of course, pay as much as he/she could expect to earn by mining it.

    The best way to protect such landscape in general would be to diminish the huge demand for sand and gravel most of which is for frivolous purposes.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville