[NatureNS] New research on bird genetics

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:32:20 -0300
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_14033_30113866.1214829140831

No, not intentionally. Sorry if I've offended you (are you a molecular
biologist?). Taxonomy is a science fraught with lumping, splitting and other
recategorizing. I'm hoping that one day we'll get it right, but there is a
lot of see-sawing (even before the molecular folks came on line), so when
someone claims to now *know* the answer, or summarily dismiss someone else's
work, I'm sceptical.

Molecular biology is a powerful tool, I'm collaborating with more than one
in my own work right now.

Randy

--
Randy