[NatureNS] Pepper in the bird seed?

Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:18:07 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Andy & All,                Jan 20, 2008
    Dried, ground Cayenne pepper would be a convenient source of
Capsaicin (the active ingredient of Capsicum). Cayenne pepper, so I
understand, is derived from African Pepper (Capsicum fastigiatum); or
was ca 1915 when my Materia Medica was written.

    So far as I know, Capsaicin is not present in black pepper (Piper
nigrum).
Yt, DW, Kentville