[NatureNS] Pine Warbler

From: "john belbin" <jbelbin@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NS-RBA" <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:10:58 -0400

The Pine Warbler is still coming regularly to my suet-seed feeder to gorge
itself. This afternoon it seems to be a little more relaxed than it has been
up to now. It is still a very active bird and doesn't keep still for more
than a second or so. It will break large pieces off the suet cake and take
it to the patio table to eat. The yellow breast is really remarkably bright.
However, it is still easily spooked by other birds, even Chickadees. It is
close enough for good photography if this snow and rain ever lets up. Every
thing I have tried so far is through the living room window. The feeder it
is coming to is on my deck about 10 or 12 feet above the ground, in the
lower slope of my home at 1030 Avonview Drive in the Hants Border area.

John Belbin - Hantsport