[NatureNS] Pine Warbler

From: "john belbin" <jbelbin@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:11:21 -0400

A very active Pine Warbler has spent virtually all day at one of my feeders.
It took me quite a while to identify it as I simply did not expect warblers
at a suet-seed feeder, especially at this time of year. However, as the
feeder was right outside the window it gave me an excellent opportunity for
several photos. The bird is hyper active and it would have given me fits
normally. However with a digital system you simply keep on shooting until
you get something, and then delete all the missed ones. I didn't clue into
the bird until it had been here quite a while because the feeders are
overrun with Goldfinch and a few Pine Siskins. It was just another yellow
shape until I noticed how bright it was and the how active it was behaving.
Let's hope it stays here.

My resident Male Pheasant paraded proudly across the lawn with no less than
9 "wives" today - his weeks of endless crowing have obviously borne fruit.

John Belbin - Hantsport