[NatureNS] Comet Holmes

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:58:32 -0400
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&gt;
Thanks Sherman. I was a bit sceptical about this as our back (North)
deck where
I've been standing faces the really bright lights of St Margeret's Bay
Road and
I'm looking at it with only 8x32 binocs. Even so, it's very clear even with me
almost fully light adapted (full dark adaptation takes ~30 min).  At 11:55PM
the comet was almost directly overhead, and clear though I could see a bank of
cloud coming in from the east.  The S-shape is also clear except at the very
top, presumably due to the light pollution where we are and the only-32 mm
binocs.
So it is worth a look even in brightly lit Halifax, if you are still awake.
Steve