[NatureNS] a question about deceased birds

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:59:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;div&gt;&lt;font face="Arial" size="2"&gt;Complacency seems to be the way but I&amp;#39;ve see
Hi Randy and All
Most cases like the gannet are as a result of former
encounters with wildlife folks where the wildlife
people knew illegal activities were taking place but
couldn't prove it. A dead gannet is all the proof they
need.
One fellow I know got in serious trouble over a
coromant which he shot. He had a reputation of
shooting anything that flew so had the vacuum cleaner
taken to his wallet. He has since taken up poker as a
sport. Doesn't cost as much.
Often times if found with something illegal the
officer will say - I am going to turn around and when
I turn back I don't want to see any gannet - the guy
learns his lesson and we all save the costs of trials,
lawyers, judges and so on.
Have a nice spring
Paul