[NatureNS] re hares with ticks at Keji Seaside Adjunct May 31

Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:19:58 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Jeff Ogden <ogdenjb@gov.ns.ca>, Colin Bell <colin.bell@acadiau.ca>

It's common for snowshoe hares to be loaded with ticks on their ears in
Spring, and I believe that most or all of them are specific to the hares and
pose no threat to other mammals, and do not carry any significant diseases?
I stand to be corrected on this, by Andrew Hebda, or Jeff Ogden, or anyone
else??  The hare tick is another species of the list of about 10? or a bit
more species known for Nova Scotia?

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville