[NatureNS] some feeder bird notes

From: "Anne Woolaver" <awoolave@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: awoolaver@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:45:54 -0400

Hi all,

My mother told me once about seeing a crow tugging on the long tail of a
male ring-necked pheasant that was feeding in her backyard.  She said the
pheasant actually had to brace itself to keep from being pulled off balance
and definitely looked irritated, while the crow was "leaning back" and
apparently enjoying the "game" quite a bit!

AEW

>From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
>To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
>Subject: [NatureNS] some feeder bird notes
>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:03:01 -0300
>>
>Another interesting interaction at the carcasses occurred last week – May
>pointed out to me that at least one raven was periodically pulling at the
>tail feathers of one of the adult eagles, as it fed. I then watched it
>happen a few more times…it did not appear that the raven was seriously
>trying to yank out the feather, and the eagle did not appear too annoyed.
>

>And still not a single Redpoll, Shrike, Phalarope or Snow Bunting at all
>this winter; only one A. Tree Sparrow has shown up, but it has been
>somewhat
>regular.
>
>Randy
>RF Lauff
>Way in the boonies of
>Antigonish County, NS.

Have Some Fresh Air Fun This March Break
http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!147