[NatureNS] Ice Age Coming?

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:01:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave and All
When I was in school, 50 - 60 years ago nobody,
scientists or others, would have predicted personnel
computers. The whole rage in those times was the
Mathus theorey - I even forget the spelling - seems he
predicted the world would run out of food long before
now.
With a record like that - don't bet on the weather!
but if a good grant will come your way as a result -
have a go!
Myself I prefer the horse races - at least if you know
the fix - you can make some money.
Once an old gentleman had a horse who hadn't seen the
winners circle in 10 years or so. The owner wasn't too
smart on his feet - so he gave me $100 to put on the
nose for him. Which I did - thinking that he'll never
see anything from this. So I put my $10 on another
one. Little did I know the fix was in and the boys had
arranged for him to win one for the owner. The other
horses in the race done everything but go the wrong
way. One driver even jumped off when it looked like he
couldn't hold his horse back enough to let the chosen
one get to the front. Nobody else bet on the horse -
he got all the pool. Needless to say a grand pay it
was!
After that I had some reservations about expert
predictions but was a much more astute horse player!
Enjoy the winter
Paul

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

> >> Lois Codling

> > Christopher Majka - Nova Scotia Museum of Natural
> History
> >
> > 1747 Summer Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
> B3H 3A6
> >
> > (902) 424-6435   Email < c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca
> > <mailto:c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca> >

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.