[NatureNS] Re: Irregular and long delays on NatureNS

From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:42:00 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-208-828642993
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi all:

I don't think Chebucto is back to normal yet. Peter's note was posted
at 1:45 PM on the afternoon of December 10. It just came through at
7:35 PM on  December 12th. I recently sent a message  to let people
know of Richard Stern's talk at the Blomidon Naturalists meeting
(Birding in Panama, for those who may have missed it when he gave it at
the N.S. Bird Society meeting some time ago). It still hasn't come
through, and since the meeting was last night, it can now be ignored.

Pat

PS: I am posting this message at 7:40 PM on December 12th for those who
might be curious to see how long it takes.

On Dec 10, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Peter Payzant wrote:

> Blake Maybank comments
>
>> Peter Payzant's recent post suggests the problem will not solve
>> itself quickly.
>
> I can't tell the future - I was just thinking about the ongoing battle
> against spam. Chebucto seems to be back to normal at the moment, due
> in part to an extraordinary effort of the part of several volunteers.
>
> It's difficult to say how Yahoo's performance would compare to
> Chebucto's. Chebucto seems to have been inundated with an especially
> large amount of spam, which has now died away. This could happen
> again, and it could as easily happen to Yahoo.
>
> Peter Payzant

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-208-828642993

Hi all:

I don't think Chebucto is back to normal yet. Peter's note was posted
at 1:45 PM on the afternoon of December 10. It just came through at
7:35 PM on  December 12th. I recently sent a message  to let people
know of Richard Stern's talk at the Blomidon Naturalists meeting
(Birding in Panama, for those who may have missed it when he gave it
at the N.S. Bird Society meeting some time ago). It still hasn't come
through, and since the meeting was last night, it can now be ignored.

Pat

PS: I am posting this message at 7:40 PM on December 12th for those
who might be curious to see how long it takes.

<excerpt>Peter Payzant's recent post suggests the problem will not
solve itself quickly.

</excerpt>

[...]

</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-208-828642993--