sust-mar: Fw: CBC News - AVOID PESTICIDES, ONTARIO DOCTORS WARN

From: "Helen Jones" <hjones@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Sustainable-Maritimes" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: <falvo@yk.com>, <kchisholm@ca.inter.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:37:18 -0300

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
Sent: May 4, 2004

Dear Kevin, Paul and friends,

I'm in Edmonton speaking at a gathering working for a pesticide bylaw here
and just read your messages.  I'm sure all of those who've worked on this
issue (RATE members included) thank you for the kind words. I agree that our
whole community has done a wonderful job pulling together to achieve the
municipal legislation we now have regulating landscape pesticides.  Our
bylaw is being used as a model all across Canada, and with the recent
adoption of the excellent EAC proposal to handle the inspection/permitting
(and education) process this season, and the new website being created on
pesticide-free landscape methods to help the municipality with recent
challenges, http://versicolor.ca/lawns/  ,
it just got better.

We're doing okay.

Helen Jones

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca