e-mail

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:58:31 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Pat and Malcolm Bayne <av227@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Malcolm. The inbox in TenFourbird using IMAP and the inbox in
the Webmail are the same inbox. You're just accessing the same thing two
different ways. When you were using POP3, your Thunderbird inbox was a
separate thing that only existed in the hard drive of your computer. You
had your mail set to delete on the server when you downloaded it to your
home computer. Now what you're doing is accessing the mail directly on the
server. You've got the one inbox so when you delete mail from it, that
mail is moved to a Trash folder until you empty it.

 	It may take a little getting used to but IMAP is a much better way
to go. Mail downloads faster and is safe from accidental deletion if you
lose your home computer hard drive. It's a mind thing to think of the
inbox of webmail and TenFourBird as being one and the same thing, that's
all.