Please just fix the colours! (Was: proposed changes to the CCN template)

Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:00:51 -0300 (ADT)
From: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Johnathan Thibodeau <am341@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Sharon Parker <sparker@chebucto.ns.ca>, "Douglas J. McCann" <aa935@chebucto.ns.ca>, Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>,

&gt; &g

Hello all,

First, PLEASE cut out the unnecessary text from your email messages.
There is no need to include eight messages worth of debate.  Keeping file
size down in consideration of slow-modem users is appreciated.

Second:

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Johnathan Thibodeau wrote:

> 	It involves cgi, ssi, and cookies, and I have a test science
> section at http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Science/colours that demonstraites
> this. At the bottom of every page there is a link to a page that will let
> you change the colours of text, link, and vlink.

I applaud the technical know-how that CCN has managed to bring in-house.
But can we not direct that talent to issues that truly require a technical
fix?

using cgi, ssi and cookies to solve a simple colour issue with our
template is overkill IMHO.  It can't be that difficult to determine a
combination of colours (and we're just talking "link" and "vlink" colours
at that) with sufficient contrast for our visually-impaired visitors.

Identify the best colours, possibly calling on donna for assistance.
Change the template.  Then turn our attention to other, important matters
rather than getting bogged down in this one.

May I suggest we:

(a) come to a consensus on the best solution path
(b) identify who will do the modification
(c) identify a timeline for getting it finished
    (Tuesday sounds good to me).
(d) pat ourselves on the back for resolving a problem,
    and then move on.

Regards,
Mark