Chebucto: Editors list membership

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:53:23 -0300 (ADT)
From: Edward Dyer <aa146@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: CCN Editorial Collective <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Sharon Parker <sparker@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Michael,

The editors list is a mailing list that serves two purposes

- it is the target for mailtos and for Lynx comments on the CCN
category pages, and therefore receives some mail from our viewers;

- it is used for "internal discussion" among the editors team, known
by various names such as the Editorial Collective :)

So the recipients should be those people who are in a position to
use the information - they either have editing
privileges/responsibilities on those pages, or they are monitoring
the comment traffic for CCN (a function which has never been
implemented separate from the editors, as far as I know - but some
IP's do it that way)

So as list owner (at least since you are sending this message I
presume you are list-owner) you should add and subtract list members
on a need to know basis.  If anyone is an active editor of the
category or home pages, then they need to be on the list, otherwise
they don't. If there are categories that don't have editors, then we
need to find editors for them.  Perhaps there is reason to broaden
the scope of the editors group, such as to include certain special
areas or perhaps the office, but I'm not at all sure - such a change
might need discussion, or it may be very obvious, in which case the
change should simply be announced as a part of a message introducing
the new participant.

Ed Dyer aa146@chebucto.ns.ca   (902) H 826-7496  CCN Postmaster
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa146/    W 426-4894  CSuite Technical Workshop
Religion Page Editor, Chebucto Community Network http://www.chebucto.ns.ca