Process question

Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 15:26:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>, editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Mark Ronald Rushton wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I'm copying this to the Editors list, because I want to make the
> clarification universal ;-)
>
> Your response is right, of course, but:
>
> Do we have an option for web=editors to have simply an FTP
> username/password (like the new PPP dialups have) that does not rely on a
> CCN user account for an FTP- "pass-through"?

Not at the moment.

This needs some discussion bacause it moves the IP editors with such
access you describe to a more distant relationship with CCN.

If, at the same time that we are implementing your suggestion we are
also strengthening the IP relationship elsewhere, such as with the IP
organisation - as apposed to the editors - then your idea might have
some merit.