Process question

Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 15:03:57 -0300 (ADT)
From: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>
cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Bob,

I'm copying this to the Editors list, because I want to make the
clarification universal ;-)

Your response is right, of course, but:

Do we have an option for web=editors to have simply an FTP
username/password (like the new PPP dialups have) that does not rely on a
CCN user account for an FTP- "pass-through"?

Example:

As NSCUBA website editor, I point my FTP program to chebucto.ns.ca/~Mark/
and enter my CCN username and password.  I can then open the "00ip"
folder, and choose one of the various IPs listed there for FTP purposes.

However, if we as an organization chose another person to be a webmaster
for NSCUBA, but who has no desire to take out a CCN user account, is there
another option that would see that person FTP to:

	chebucto.ns.ca/CommunitySupport/NSCUBA/

with a username and password we would assign?

This streamlines the web-editing process, and eliminates the need for
creating a user account that will be used for nothing other than an FTP
"pass-through".

Ideas or suggestions?
Mark.