CCN mail lists and info

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:46:05 -0400
From: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
Cc: aa146@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca

Greetings Chris, Ed, etc.,

Regarding:

>> There is a considerable amount of documentation on the operation of
>> mailing lists accessible from the IP pages (go ip)
>Yes: I frankly wish we could get more people to pay attention to the
>materials in:
>http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Help/MailList/MjDOwner.html
>http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/Training/majordomo.users.html
>In my experience, the great majority of CCN IPE's knowledge of majordomo
>is still very fragmentary.

I think I know all I need to at the moment ;-)  However, upon perusing the
documents (and those linked from) you cited above, I see only limited
information on MajorDomo commands, i.e., the basics.  Where is the
documentation on other listowner commands?
(MARK GOES BACK TO NETSCAPE, POKES AROUND SOME MORE)
...okay, wanted to be sure I wasn't shortchanging you guys on this one.  I
did find the page where the "config", "newconfig", and "writeconfig"
commands appear.  I'm not sure that having them come under a page that's
linked with text about "...when things get out of hand..." is sufficient!
Perhaps a glossary of commands might make the documentation more
accessible?  Is there a MajorDomo generic information page somewhere out
there on the WWW?

Also, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Help/MailList/AboutMailLists.html

The text refers to a "Draft Policy - Mailing List Creation" that is
currently "under review".  Is it?  Or should  the "Draft" part of this be
changed?

Mark's $0.02 (+GST= what, $1.40?)

Mark Rushton, Editor, Community Support & Development, Chebucto Community
Network
Mark@chebucto.ns.ca     or via WWW:  http://chebucto.ns.ca/~Mark/index.html