Redhat 5.2 errors in compile

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 01:13:37 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, hrdware wrote:

> #ftp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd -l -a
> ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /csuite/etc/ftpd -l -a -
> u0133

Use /csuite/etc/ftpd/ftpd, instead of /csuite/etc/ftpd. (also, for proper
`mkdir' permissions, use -u0022 not -u0133, despite what the docs in 1.0
say :)

Signal inetd to reload. Try to ftp in again.

`ls -lFu /csuite/etc/ftpd/ftpd' to check the access time on the binary and
make sure it was actually called by inetd.

Check /var/log/messages for errors.

`ldd /csuite/etc/ftpd/ftpd' to see if it complains of any unresolved
libraries (I can't see this happening though, if it compiled).