Installation problems

Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:28:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, bill wrote:

> If sites running csuite are forced to remain static at a particular
> o/s version, that would seem to make them much more susseptable(sp?)
> to crack attempts.

Sites can (and should) still apply normal OS updates. Red Hat continues to
release package updates for versions 4.2, 5.2, and 6.2. As long as you
stay within your OS release's major version, you shouldn't run into
compatibility issues).

> Maybe I will spend some more time trying to get some of the
> utils compiled on 6.2  If I can get this, I think it might be
> helpful to others.

Some of the changes are non-trivial (especially to the wtmp-handling
code). I'd suggest installing CSuite 1.1 if you can.