Unethical use of website (fwd)

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:26:32 -0400 (AST)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Policy Committee <ccn-pic@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Office <office@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi all,

I looked at this page and the only contentious section are the sentences:

> Please note I removed part's 4 and 5 as I did not want to have Mr. Baker
> continue to nag me, nor did I wish to enter any discussion with him
> reguarding these two files that I did transcribe. It's just not worth
> the hassel!

Now there is nothing illegal or defamatory about saying you don't want
someone to nag you (sensu clause 4 of the IP Agreement) so (in my
interpretation) the CCN has no role to play in such a dispute. I suggest:

1) I reply to Mr. Baker explaining this.

2) I can drop an informal note to the Newfoundland Grand Banks people
suggesting that they are free to say this but they might get less static
if they minimized such editorial commentary.

Comments?

Cheers,

Chris

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Andrew D. Wright wrote:

> 	Thank you Mr Baker for your expression of concern regarding a page
> on one of the Information Provider sites hosted by the Chebucto Community
> Net. As you may or may not be aware, the Chebucto Community Net is not
> directly responsible for the content of these sites and as such we do not
> possess editorial control over them. I am passing your letter on to our
> Information Providers Committee for their review.
>
> 					Andrew

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html