[Fwd: Newfoundland's Grand Banks]

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:46:02 -0400 (AST)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: "B. Crant" <crant@ns.sympatico.ca>, az210@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Office <office@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi,

> We applied to become an IPE at Chebucto under the name "Newfoundland's
> Grand Banks" In our application we sent in three individual applications
> for the people that would be involved in this group, myself, Donald Tate
> and Barbara McGrath, and a cheque for $57.00 to cover the cost of three
> individual memberships. The cheque was cashed on Oct. 27, 1999, so I
> have to assume you received our application. My question is were we
> accepted as IPE's, and if so how are we notified, as a group and
> individuals? Also will we be able to logon to Chebucto by modem or will
> we have to use our own individual internet account's?

There is no sign in the IP Database of such an application. What you need
to do is to initiate an on-line application by going to the CCN
Information Providers' Support Site ( 'g ip' ) or:

	http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/

And choose the link to "Send in the On-line IP Application Form".

After you do so you will have to send in an IP Agreement and then one or
more of you (prospective editors) will need to complete IP Training.
Contact Bob Adams <ac200@chebucto.ns.ca>, Team Leader of IP Training, to
get the ball rolling on this.

Although you have an account on the CCN <az210@chebucto.ns.ca>, neither
Donald Tate nor Barbara McGrath do. Therefor they would need to get their
own user accounts (by telneting to chebucto.ns.ca, logging in a 'guest'
and then following the menus to get their own users account.)

Just to clarify: the CCN system is such that individual people (like you
and Donald and Barbara) apply to receive individual user accounts.

An Information Provider (such as "Newfoundland's Grand Banks") then
applies as a group or organization to the CCN to have it host their
website. Any number of individual accounts can then be accredited to this
IP (via the edit group) so that those people can undertake various aspects
of the site's administration. Every individual must, however, have a user
account.

In terms of user fees, these vary depending on what level of service you
are interested in. Check with the CCN Office to determine these.
Currently, I believe that basic user fees are $20/year and graphical
access (Chebucto Plus/PPP) is $100/year. In terms of IP fees I think that
the Basic IP membership is $50/year (suggested) and that the Premium
Service (Virtual Domain Name +) is $100/year.

In terms of the site's suitability for the CCN, it seems fine to me.

All the best!

Christopher Majka

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html