IPs and $$$ (revenue generation)

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:03:03 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <au141@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-comm@chebucto.ns.ca, "Leo J. Deveau" <ljdeveau@glinx.com>

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Mark Rushton wrote:

> So - do we have the office procedural capacity / human resource capacity to
> perform this sort of outreach?

	No, we do not. The Board voted to not extend my daily office hours
and I already perform more office duties than the time allows for. If
CCN-IP wants an office component to their fees and administration then
CCN-IP should request the Board re-examine their decision or provide some
alternate means for the IPs themselves to administer it.

> Is it desireable?  Feasible?

	Right this minute CCN-IP has a fee structure in place and there is
no way to administer it at all. If these fees are to be applied and
administered, I would respectfully suggest that something ought to be in
place to do this.

> Is there an easy way to generate from the IPDB a list of who's paid, when,
> who's overdue, etc. (and not with any judgement placed on those IPs who
> have not / cannot pay, since we do offer "free" access if required)?

	No. You can manually search the office money records with 'grep'
and an appropriate search criteria, but there is no quick, automatic or
user-friendly way to do this. A script to come up with these results is
certainly possible to do but we have had, um, mixed success with such
things in the past and someone technical would have to take the time to
write and debug it then someone office-ish would have to monitor it
closely as these scripts tend to produce eccentric results as easily as
valid ones with no ready way to tell the difference.

					Andrew