Word on the Street

From: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
To: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:46:20 -0300

At last evenings IP Committee meeting CCN's participation at WOTS was
discussed.  The event is an opportunity to showcase some of CCN's Information
Providers.  In that regard, at least on on-sight computer will be available for
IP's to present their site and organization.

The office (Andrew) will be taking reservations for 1/2 hour time slots - first
come, first served.  IP's are also invited to supply their own equipment,
should they want a more substantial presence.

We are also looking for volunteers to man the tent during WOTS.  If you can
spare a 1/2 hour or so, come to WOTS, then the CCN location.  Your assistance
would be greatly appreciated.

The event also marks our 5th anniversary.  There will be a small
reception/party later in the afternoon. At least, come and celebrate with us.

Doug McCann
Chair, IP Committee

The overall process is provided by the following:

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 06:21:33 -0300
From: suenew@ns.sympatico.ca (Susan Newhook)

> This email is:
> A: Overview of the plan
> B: options for IPs to promote their sites and organizations
> C: what I need for my area, and when
>
> ====================
>
> A:   Short-version overview:
> Leo's plan is to have five tables at the Chebucto WOTS tent.
> #1 is brochures and handouts etc.,
> #2 is membership questions, applications and renewals (staffed by Andrew
> and --who else?-- over the course of the day);
> #3 & #4 are IP's and general website,
> #5 is refreshment table.
>
> Ref: the IP's...
> **Table One literature could/ should include:
>      --an IP explainer/application form aimed at both the general user
> (what IP's have to offer) and prospective IP's (what Chebucto offers
> IP's); and
>      --any literature individual IP's might want to distribute (we Would
> ask that this paper include their URL!!)
>
> **Tables three and four: sked is flexible depending on how much IPs
> want to contribute. See below
>
> **Table five would be a refreshment table. Leo is working on getting a
> birthday cake donated.
>
> =========================
>
> B: Some options for the IP's:::::::::
> Perhaps Table 3 could be "all presentations, all the time" if there is
> content to do this.  I'm assuming we would have an INternet connxn at
> this table (for more info ask Leo. He is looking into several Internet
> connections and computers).
>    For example: if the tent opens at 1100...first half of every hour
> might be a general
> presentation on CCN (developed by? presented by?)
>  Second half of every hour could have a different IP making a
> presentation on their site AND organization. This would be an excellent
> chance for them to blow their own horns as well as giving people
> (including many members!) a better idea of what Chebucto offers.
>
> If this worked,table 4 could be general IP people...doing...what? If
> not, both tables 3 and 4 should be staffed by a rotation of reps from
> different IP groups over the course of the day. We could post the
> schedule so interested visitors could check back whenever.
>

> We are less than two weeks away from the event.
>
> =============================
>
> C: Timetable:
>
> Today is Tuesday. Invited guests should receive their invitations BY
> Friday.
>
> Friday/17: I have to have a draft press release for people to look at,
>         so it can go out on Mon a.m.
>         I need at least a few names of organizations that will be represented.
>         Draft note to members (Me? Krista? in co-op w/ and signed by
> Michael)
>         VIP invitations go out by fax, email, hard copy
>         Pleas for volunteers!!! (Krista? Joyline? Andrew?)
>
> Monday/20 0900: Releases go out by fax and email.
>          Invites to members out by e-mail.
>
> WOTS is the following Sunday/26.

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/ (in development)