IP -> Web Space (NSA)

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:12:15 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mike Cormier <mcormier@nsaccess.ns.ca>
cc: office@nsaccess.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Mike...

The problem is that 'IP' which has served as exellent shorthand for us
has become techo-jargon that we use inappropriately around 'clients'
who don't understand what we mean.

The same thing will likely happen with Group Web Space ('GWS') or any
other name we use to reference this client segment. The problem is not
really with the term but that _we've_ become sloppy in abbreviating and
using it.

In most respects, 'Information Provider' better describes the relationship
between we and they... they are 'Information Provider(s)' they are
probably not 'Group Web Space(ers)'.... ;-)

While IP may have additional meanings to technical types, as old and
slow as I am, I've never had any trouble keeping the meanings straight.
It's a lot like 'CAP'... ;-)

david potter