Why we should all be concerned for the future of CCN

From: "Tuttle, Marni" <mtuttle@Kilcom1.UCIS.Dal.Ca>
To: George White <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>, Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>, Blaine Murphy <blaine@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:39:02 AST

I would just like to add a personal note to the discussion over
graphical access and the future of CCN.

My family, two of whom have had CCN accounts (besides me) are looking
for "real internet".  They've got a new bang-up wonderful computer
(an upgrade from the Amiga).

CCN is intimidating to my parents (only ever used Windows), and no
longer satisfying to my sisters who have seen how easy downloading
is, how pretty Netscape is, etc, etc.  (On a similar note, one of my
sisters is university hunting... and you would be surprised how many
university sites are only useful for those people who load images).

I, for one, would support a move that would allow our users and
members the option of graphical interface, even if that meant a
slightly higher cost for accounts with that ability.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-Marni