system invasiveness

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:03:22 -0300
From: Landon Boyd <landon@csuite.chebucto.ns.ca>
To: csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

I agree that we had become a little careless with respect to invasiveness.
However, we have been taking steps recently to reduce this.

zmailer.conf is now installed to $CS_ROOT/etc/zmailer.conf; libintl.{h,a} are
installed into $CS_ROOT/intl/{include,lib} and the zmailer install should no
longer affect anything outside of $CS_ROOT.

The only files now affected outside of $CS_ROOT (that I can think of) are
/etc/passwd and /etc/group.

One of the reasons we encourage sites to use zmailer is because we have
made modifications to it which allow it to work with majordomo without
the need for an aditional mail aliases file with several aliases for every
list.

CSuite's mailing list related scripts assume that our version of zmailer is
being used, so this is where you should find problems if you're using
sendmail.  We do plan to support sendmail at some point after 1.0.

Landon

--

Landon Boyd                          landon@chebucto.ns.ca
Distribution Support Technician,     http://chebucto.ns.ca/~landon