[NatureNS] "Top court rules Nova Scotia broke endangered species law"

From: "John Kearney" <j.f.kearney@gmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 09:21:27 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D637F6.085CCBB0

This decision may be a pyrrhic victory as our forests, agricultural =
land, and wetlands continue to be pillaged by industry and recreational =
activities. We will see if a recovery plan written on paper will have =
any effect on saving wildlife. Despite having a Canada Warbler recovery =
team in place, the provincial government recently approved the expansion =
of a quarry in Annapolis County right up to the boundary of a wetland =
with nesting Canada Warblers. In this case, the project may not destroy =
their nests, but what kind of breeding success can we expect when it =
takes place so close to dynamite blasting.

=20