[NatureNS] Covid lock down

From: N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:56:33 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0000000000004f017805a487768c

Thank you, David, for finding this video that was banned by YouTube - very
strange...

I find these doctors very responsible, finally someone putting the gross
numbers into perspective; i.e. looking at per capita rates and death rates
compared to other illnesses.  I have not heard any news reports since the
beginning of this pandemic telling us how many people die every day of many
causes.  It is as if without Covid 19, nobody dies.  The doctors'
extrapolations to the wider population should be examined more closely.  I
notice, however, that they mentioned increased domestic violence, etc. as a
side effect of the shutdown, but gave no numbers.  Nor did the reporters
ask how many, within what time frame and how many more than "usual".

My take on the pandemic has been that Mother Earth said "Enough is enough"
and found a way to shut the whole world down.  Brilliant!

I do hope that this pause in our lives will actually raise awareness of the
wasteful way we live, increase our sensitivity to the natural world and
force us to deal with our contribution to climate change.  These doctors do
not address that.  They mention vaccines as a solution, at least in part,
but do not mention anything about people improving their lifestyles,
especially their diets, which would go a long way to mitigating the effects
of the virus on individuals as well as on society as a whole.

Nancy

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:58 PM <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Another aspect of this video that concerns me is the side effects of the
> virus.  I didn=E2=80=99t listen all the way to the end, but I understand =
there are
> considerable possibilities of damage to lungs, heart, and other organs,
> which can be long-lasting.  They didn=E2=80=99t seem to be taking this in=
to account.

> Also, they seemed to be suggesting that our natural immunity will be
> compromised by staying at home for a couple of months; but is that really
> true?
>
> I, like many people I know, are at least a tiny bit hopeful that when the
> economy does start up again, people will be more respectful of the
> environment, now that we=E2=80=99ve seen the possibility that our earth c=
an recover
> from human depredation.  Pipe dream?
>
> Jane

stoMSbi6km9cxFBN43ZIuyExf10UVs9gUk2A5yDMgA

> Dave, Kentville

--=20
Nancy Robinson
514-605-7186

--0000000000004f017805a487768c

ors very responsible, finally someone putting the gross numbers into perspe=
ctive; i.e. looking at per capita rates and death rates compared to other i=
llnesses.=C2=A0 I have not heard any news reports since the beginning of th=
is pandemic telling us how many people die every day of many causes.=C2=A0 =
It is as if without Covid 19, nobody dies.=C2=A0 The doctors&#39; extrapola=
tions to the wider population should be examined more closely.=C2=A0 I noti=
ce, however, that they mentioned increased domestic violence, etc. as a sid=
e effect of the shutdown, but gave no numbers.=C2=A0 Nor did the reporters =
ask how many, within what time frame and how many more than &quot;usual&quo=
een that Mother Earth said &quot;Enough is enough&quot; and found a way to =
do hope that this pause in our lives will actually raise awareness of the w=
asteful way we live, increase our sensitivity to the natural world and forc=
e us to deal with our contribution to climate change.=C2=A0 These doctors d=
o not address that.=C2=A0 They mention vaccines as a solution, at least in =
part, but do not mention anything about people improving their lifestyles, =
especially their diets, which would go a long way to mitigating the effects=
 of the virus on individuals as well as on society as a whole.<br></div><di=
ir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:58 PM &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">dschlosb-g@ns.symp=
"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-le=
">Another aspect of this video that concerns me is the side effects of the =
virus.=C2=A0 I didn=E2=80=99t listen all the way to the end, but I understa=
nd there are considerable possibilities of damage to lungs, heart, and othe=
r organs, which can be long-lasting.=C2=A0 They didn=E2=80=99t seem to be t=
an lang=3D"EN-US">Also, they seemed to be suggesting that our natural immun=
ity will