[NatureNS] Does anyone know why a broad swath has been cleared on both sides of highway 101?

From: David Hughes <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 11:17:07 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Thanks for the link Phil. That does seem to explain what is going on. We have noticed similar clearing around some of the on and off ramps around HRM and the improved visibility is beneficial in some places. In other places, it is hard to fathom what the actual benefit might be beyond aligning with written standards. However, I believe following standards is important and deviating from them shouldn’t be at the discretion of the people doing the work.

Given the sorry state of our highways, I do wonder about the budget priorities.

As for using Google, I do know how to use it and I think most other NatureNS also know how. However, I enjoy hearing the different perspectives offered by members of this group. That is why I asked NatureNS and not Google.

David

Sent from my iPad