[NatureNS] Worst winter ever in Nova Scotia?

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:27:07 -0300
From: Doug Linzey <doug.linzey@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Here are a few stats (temp data from Kentville, snowfall / total precip
data from Greenwood; 30-y average 1981-2010):

Month: average mean temp (30-y avg), snowfall (30-y avg) [total precip
(30-y avg)]

Oct 2014: 11.4 (9.4), - (-) [total precip 141 mm (89 mm)]
Nov 2014: 3.5 (4.1), - (-) [total precip 208 mm (109 mm)]
Dec 2014: 0.8 (-2.3), 10 cm (63 cm) [total precip 164 mm (113 mm)]
Jan 2015: -6.5 (-5.6), 127 cm (79 cm) [total precip 157 mm (116 mm)]
Feb 2015: -10.1 (-4.9), 121 cm (53 cm) [total precip 125 mm (85 mm)]

All that precipitation in November and most in December was rain.
February was very much colder than average, and March is certainly
looking that way, too (so far [15 days] average mean temp is -5.4, and
the 30-y average for March is -1.0).

Doug Linzey
PS: If you're interested in having this sort of information regularly,
all it takes is a membership in the Blomidon Naturalists Society.