[NatureNS] Nighthawks

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 06:14:29 -0300
From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I also heard what I believe was the "peenting" of a Nighthawk in
Bridgewater yesterday evening. This was near Shipyard's Landing. I
have heard them here in past summers as well. Definitely not a nesting
area for them but they must be on the move.

I remember hearing this sound in South end Halifax years ago and, like
you, believing they must  be nesting on flat gravel roofs. But I never
heard them earlier in the year there either so it must also be
post-breeding dispersal?

Anyone know?

Nancy