[NatureNS] Help with Finding Plants

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:36:05 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e65aeeac5fff2f048c11795a

I have found the Dwarf Birch (*B. michauxii*) in the core of Cape Breton
Highlands National Park...in the Caribou Barrens. I was there in 1996; this
summer, I was nearby, and the access is more difficult than in 1996 as there
are patches of dense woods and lots of blowdown.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 22 July 2010 21:15, Kristl Walek <kristl@bellaliant.net> wrote:

> There are a few plant species I am particularly trying to locate, if anyone
> can be
> of help.
>
> Aronia arbutifolia
> Have searched for this throughout SW Nova Scotia, but only found A.
> melanocarpa and plants of hybrid origin (A prunifolia). I followed a lead
> Keji Adjunct last fall---but again, no red-berried Aronias. This continues
> to elude me.
>
> Sanguisorba canadensis and Viburnum edule:
> Has anyone seen these outside of Cape Breton?
>
> Betula michauxii:
> Am looking for a specific location aside from Brier Island.
>
> Rhexia virginica and Nymphoides cordata:
> A relatively accessible location to enable photographing the plants.
>
> Thank you in advance for any leads,
>
> Kristl Walek
> Annapolis Royal

--0016e65aeeac5fff2f048c11795a

I have found the Dwarf Birch (<i>B. michauxii</i>) in the core of Cape Bret=
on Highlands National Park...in the Caribou Barrens. I was there in 1996; t=
his summer, I was nearby, and the access is more difficult than in 1996=A0a=
s there are patches of dense woods and lots of blowdown.<div>

n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kristl@bellaliant.net">kristl@bellalian=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

There are a few plant species I am particularly trying to locate, if anyone=
 can be<br>
of help.<br>
Aronia arbutifolia<br>
Have searched for this throughout SW Nova Scotia, but only found A.<br>
melanocarpa and plants of hybrid origin (A prunifolia). I followed a lead t=
o<br>
Keji Adjunct last fall---but again, no red-berried Aronias. This continues<=
br>
to elude me.<br>
Sanguisorba canadensis and Viburnum edule:<br>
Has anyone seen these outside of Cape Breton?<br>
Betula michauxii:<br>
Am looking for a specific location aside from Brier Island.<br>
Rhexia virginica and Nymphoides cordata:<br>
A relatively accessible location to enable photographing the plants.<br>
Thank you in advance for any leads,<br><font color=3D"#888888">
Kristl Walek<br>
Annapolis Royal<br>

--0016e65aeeac5fff2f048c11795a--