[NatureNS] hummingbird feeder attractors

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:46:21 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Pat,
  I use 4:1 ratio water to sugar also and don't bother to boil it, just
clean water and utensils.

  I find that the hummers like to sit on a limb or something nearby. We
have the feeder under our eaves in front of a window  and they come to
it. There are trees or shrubs that they can stop at or hide in within
10-20 feet of the feeder.

   I too have noticed that the use of the feeder has slowed down recently.

Larry Bogan
Cambridge Station