[NatureNS] new migrants

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:19:24 +0000

--_dd4a3a27-ce1e-4e7c-aa8f-95ca7497adda_

Hi all:

=20

Well=2C I've got the car blues.  Either a transmission or the part that con=
trols the drive sector.  A solonoid?  I thus canceled my plans to go to Amh=
erst for the Region Co-ordinator Atlas meeting and got a rent a car for the=
 time that it will take to get a prognosis on my vehicle and get it fixed. =
 With Pat feeling under the weather I went out for a jaunt and to run some =
errands.  There had been a white egret reported at Back Harbour Lunenburg. =
 While looking for this bird I discovered an abnormal cormorant.  I'll put =
a description in as to what was different about it tomorrow=2C one Eric has=
 a chance to look for it.  We will likely have to list it as an unknown.  I=
 did not have my bird book with as I was in the rent a car and assumed that=
 it was a phase or something I had not noticed in the thousands of double-c=
rested cormorants that I've observed over the years.  Anyhow=2C more about =
this bird will appear tomorrow. =20

=20

I snuck away to the lake for a while and was enjoying the bird life and the=
 trout breaking the surface after insects for about 10 minutes when my reel=
 broke.  Not a good weekend.  Anyhow=2C before my reel went defective I was=
 able to hear a barred owl calling.  I observed my first tree swallows with=
 nine and a hermit thrush flew in front of me and started to call.  A swamp=
 sparrow was vocal on the other side and I also heard two wood ducks and sa=
w them in flight.  A northern flicker was vocal and I heard and saw many ot=
her species all in the span of 10 minutes.  Oh well thats lady luck for you=
 or not.

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
Live connected. Get Hotmail & Messenger on your phone.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9724462=

--_dd4a3a27-ce1e-4e7c-aa8f-95ca7497adda_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Well=2C I've got the car blues.&nbsp=3B Either a transmission or the part t=
hat controls the drive sector.&nbsp=3B A solonoid?&nbsp=3B I thus canceled =
my plans to go to Amherst for the Region Co-ordinator Atlas meeting and got=
 a rent a car for the time that it will take to get a prognosis on my vehic=
le and get it fixed.&nbsp=3B With Pat feeling under the weather I went out =
for a jaunt and to run some errands.&nbsp=3B There had been a white egret r=
eported at Back Harbour Lunenburg.&nbsp=3B While looking for this bird I di=
scovered an abnormal cormorant.&nbsp=3B I'll put a description in as to wha=
t was different about it tomorrow=2C one Eric has a chance to look for it.&=
nbsp=3B We will likely have to list it as an unknown.&nbsp=3B I did not hav=
e my bird book with as I was in the rent a car and assumed that it was a ph=
ase or something I had not noticed in the thousands of double-crested cormo=
rants that I've observed over the years.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=2C more about this =
bird will appear tomorrow.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I snuck away to the lake for a while and was enjoying the bird life and the=
 trout breaking the surface after insects for about 10 minutes when my reel=
 broke.&nbsp=3B Not a good weekend.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=2C before my reel went d=
efective I was able to hear a barred owl calling.&nbsp=3B I observed my fir=
st tree swallows with nine and a hermit thrush flew in front of me and star=
ted to call.&nbsp=3B A swamp sparrow was vocal on the other side and I also=
 heard two wood ducks and saw them in flight.&nbsp=3B A northern flicker wa=
s vocal and I heard and saw many other species all in the span of 10 minute=
s.&nbsp=3B Oh well thats lady luck for you or not.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Got a phone?  <a href=3D'http://go.micro=
soft.com/?linkid=3D9724457' target=3D'_new'>Get Hotmail & Messenger for mob=
ile!</a></body>

--_dd4a3a27-ce1e-4e7c-aa8f-95ca7497adda_--