[NatureNS] Dick Brown

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:26:58 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--001636ed6b619150b304834a283a

Hi,

Some of the "oldsters" in this group will no doubt have fond memories of
Dick Brown, who passed away this week, and whose obituary is in today's
Chronicle Herald. He was a seabird expert, regular contributor and
long-standing sub-editor for seabirds for NS Birds. He also wrote a
best-selling novel, Voyage of the Iceberg, as well as scholarly works on
seabirds. The obit. chronicles his many achievments. Liz and I remember a
hilarious evening with him, when we invited him to give a talk to the
Blomidon Naturalists, and he came and had dinner with us prior to the
meeting, and the more wine he sampled, the more amusing were the stories he
regaled us with.

Check the obit.    .........

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636ed6b619150b304834a283a

Hi,<br><br>Some of the &quot;oldsters&quot; in this group will no doubt hav=
e fond memories of Dick Brown, who passed away this week, and whose obituar=
y is in today&#39;s Chronicle Herald. He was a seabird expert, regular cont=
ributor and long-standing sub-editor for seabirds for NS Birds. He also wro=
te a best-selling novel, Voyage of the Iceberg, as well as scholarly works =
on seabirds. The obit. chronicles his many achievments. Liz and I remember =
a hilarious evening with him, when we invited him to give a talk to the Blo=
midon Naturalists, and he came and had dinner with us prior to the meeting,=
 and the more wine he sampled, the more amusing were the stories he regaled=
 us with. <br>

.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--001636ed6b619150b304834a283a--