[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:07:49 -0400

I can't say it has been quiet here lately, but mostly we have had many of
the usuals. The feeders are being emptied faster than some years for sure.
Today we had a couple visitors including a beautiful Northern Flicker who
was flashing gold all around the yard and he was having a great feed of
seed. In one of the big maples, there were two white bellied nuthatches. I
like to see the nuthatches.
The American tree Sparrow is still here on and off most days and today it
looked like another came along as well. There are the usuals: Blue Jays,
Chickadees, Juncos, a large group of American goldfinches, a few Starlings,
7 big crows, White throat & Song  sparrows.

I am missing something but as far as I can see no hunting birds at the
moment. A couple Gulls have been marching around the yard and eyeing the
platform feeder by the back door but so far I haven't seen them on it. The
Downy woodpeckers are still around but the Hairys are obviously absent. I
miss the squawking of that one female.
That is it for White Point this week or so.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca