[NatureNS] Yellow-breasted Chat - west end Halifax

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:44:41 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi there,

         I spent an hour and a half this afternoon walking around the
Flynn Park area of west end Halifax, hoping to relocate a small
warbler which I glimpsed yesterday on the CBC.  I didn't find it, but
I did find a different warbler which I missed yesterday - a bright
Yellow-breasted Chat.  It was foraging on the bare ground under a
dense spruce hedge at the corner of Churchill Drive and Joseph
Street. This is just down the street from where Ursula Grigg used to
live - her garden always sheltered some interesting bird for the
count, and she often had Chats in previous years.

         There were also three Robins there, a scarce bird in this
area so far this winter.

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax