[NatureNS] Wolf Moon

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:36:17 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_J8MA31wrTQqGQey/zSe8Cw)

In my research for the folk name for December's full moon I came up with dozens of names in use so I chose the one I liked the best, "Wolf Moon". The Wolf Moon is the first full moon of this month with the second full moon, the Blue Moon, occurring New Year's Eve. It seemed appropriate and a challenge to try and photograph both events.  For those unfamiliar with lunar photography the full moon is the hardest to photograph well because the straight on light eliminates most shadows and with it, lunar detail.

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0100.html
_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_J8MA31wrTQqGQey/zSe8Cw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18852">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>In my research for the folk name for December's
full moon I came up with dozens of names in use&nbsp;so I chose the one I liked
the best, "Wolf Moon". The Wolf Moon is the first full moon of this month with
the second full moon, the Blue Moon,&nbsp;occurring New Year's Eve. It seemed
appropriate and a challenge to try and photograph both events.&nbsp; For those
unfamiliar with lunar photography the full moon is the hardest to photograph
well because the straight on light eliminates most shadows and with it, lunar
detail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0100.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0100.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_J8MA31wrTQqGQey/zSe8Cw)--