[NatureNS] earwigs and sowbugs and woodpiles

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:56:27 -0400

	I have been moving a bit of wood here in Wolfville, too, recently, and there seem to
be more sowbugs or pillbugs than usual and no earwigs.Their absence does not break my
heart. Unfortunately I suspect they are just on a "low" in their cycle and will bounce back
with a vengence in a few years. Most insects seem to have quite pronounced highs and
lows, population wise. I'm not sure whether anyone has studied these cycles to see if they
can determine why they happen. JET