[NatureNS] Kentville birds (and lack of...) this morning

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:35:11 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0016367d58e4768b0504781bdaa4

Hi,

A follow-up to my comment about the lack of birds in this area, -- we took a
long walk through Kentville this morning, ending up at the Cenotaph for the
parade and ceremony. We walked along the Cornwallis River bank and the edge
of the soccer fields, where there should be small flocks of finches,
sparrows, chickadees, perhaps a Yellow-rump or 2 in the trees and bushes,
and we saw .... no birds. However, there was 1 good sighting - high in the
sky was a PEREGRINE chasing a Rock pigeon - perhaps appropriately for
Remembrance Day it gave up without making a kill and loped off in a
northerly direction.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016367d58e4768b0504781bdaa4

Hi,<br><br>A follow-up to my comment about the lack of birds in this area, =
-- we took a long walk through Kentville this morning, ending up at the Cen=
otaph for the parade and ceremony. We walked along the Cornwallis River ban=
k and the edge of the soccer fields, where there should be small flocks of =
finches, sparrows, chickadees, perhaps a Yellow-rump or 2 in the trees and =
bushes, and we saw .... no birds. However, there was 1 good sighting - high=
 in the sky was a PEREGRINE chasing a Rock pigeon - perhaps appropriately f=
or Remembrance Day it gave up without making a kill and loped off in a nort=
herly direction.<br>

href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>######=

--0016367d58e4768b0504781bdaa4--