[NatureNS] Strange sight in Eel Lake

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:57:23 -0300
From: nhungjohn <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

To:  All

From:  John Sollows

Date:  October 25/09

This afternoon, my wife and  ook a short drive to catch the little remaining
foliage, which  is disappearing unseaonably rapidly down here in Yarmouth
County. (Oh, those breezes!)

About 3 P.M. today, we crossed the old Eel Lake bridge, and noticed a flock
of smallish gulls (ring bills?) and a smallish raft of cormorants
congregating a little south of the bridge.  In the midst of it all,
something much too large to be prey surfaced briefly a number of times and
moved to the southwest of us.

Porpoise?  That is how the behaviour and appearance struck me.   I wonder if
one found its way into the lake throgh the shallow guzzle that connects  to
Lobster Bay, during some of the recent very high tides.