[NatureNS] lack of insects?

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:06:51 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angus MacLean <angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca>

This is extremely interesting to me since I have been photographing
insects for several years. Last summer was a total writeoff. At some
sites in previous years there would be scores of insects on one
plant, last summer there were few or none. I had been taking 100s of
photos each day but in 2008 I probably took 200 in total. However I
wasn't certain if it was a complete lack of insects or a lack of
nectar?? Because of the rainy period & atlassing time, it's not been
possible for me to really make a comparison this year.

At any rate as Randy states, it's unnerving!

Angus