[NatureNS] house finch

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:45:44 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The House Finch is certainly becoming more common throughout Nova
Scotia, Marg. Grandson David and I observed a couple of pair nesting at
the Admin. building at Dalhousie the other day. We describe the colour
on the male as strawberry,  while we say our Purple Finch  is raspberry
coloured. Of course, that's not much help for the females- but if the
female is there, the male probably is too! Cheers, Joan