[NatureNS] A question about a Nfld. bird

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:02:32 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001636989670d3be73046ce3c111

Hi,

I just returned from 4 1/2 days at a conference in Corner Brook, NF. We had
time to visit Gros Morne N.P., Blow Me Down Prov. Park, etc. The weather and
the scenery were both stunning. The birding was good, but as expected - with
1 exception. Today there was a Caspian Tern (possibly 2) loafing around and
fishing, close to the power plant at Deer Lake. Does anyone know if this is
something expected, or a rarity for that area?

Thanks,

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636989670d3be73046ce3c111

Hi,<br><br>I just returned from 4 1/2 days at a conference in Corner Brook,=
 NF. We had time to visit Gros Morne N.P., Blow Me Down Prov. Park, etc. Th=
e weather and the scenery were both stunning. The birding was good, but as =
expected - with 1 exception. Today there was a Caspian Tern (possibly 2) lo=
afing around and fishing, close to the power plant at Deer Lake. Does anyon=
e know if this is something expected, or a rarity for that area?<br>

 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.co=
m</a><br>

--001636989670d3be73046ce3c111--