[NatureNS] Taking the sting out of the sting

From: "David Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:02:38 -0300

Hi All,            May 25, 2009
    I have noticed that many of these ways to reduce sting  (Soda paste,
chewing tobacco gob, mud, leaf, chewed Plantain leaf & vinegar) have a
common  factor; potential to increase evaporative cooling.

    Just a guess, but cooling of the skin might slow circulation near the
cooled surface (I think this is in fact an effect of cooling) and thereby
slow the movement of toxin into unstimulated tissue.

    It will be interesting to see if moist paper towel or the like is
effective.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville