[NatureNS] Hartlen Point Thursday May 21

From: "Ulli Hoeger" <uhoeger@dal.ca>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:06:49 -0300

Yesterday evening I was hanging out on what seems to the have been the
wrong end of Hartlen Point (see Mike's post).

My objective was to get a couple of Willet photos in better light than the
night before.  Didn't work as planned as the tide was to high, the birds to
nervous, and the high wind didn't help either.

There were 6-10 Willets on the beach facing Devil's Island, along with two
Least Sandpipers (also to nervous to get sufficiently close to snap a photo
that wouldn't have turned out to be a spot the bird game).  Several robins
joined the shorebirds feeding in the kelp, along with the usual sparrows.

Ulli