[NatureNS] catching up

From: Lynn Ellis <lynn.ellis@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:44:32 -0300

Hi Norma

I am having a lazy day today, I worked hard yesterday, 5 surgeries and
a patient who came back at 5 bleeding. Anyway I came home to just go
out to a dental dinner afterward, home at 10:30. I think I also have a
sinus infection and put myself on some antibiotics.
I am hoping to go out to do the Spring Migration Count tomorrow, it
may just be pouring rain. There are two Egrets here at Albert Bridge I
may take a drive and have a look.

I have been doing well. Ernie and I were exchanging a lot of emails
but he really doesn't say anything. I have tried and tried in the past
to engage him in some kind of discussion and but all I'd get was that
he has "issues".  Very obtuse and vague. So I make a decision last
week to stop all of that. He still handles the book keeping for the
practice and does a good job. The corporate return goes in by June 30
if not before. But I am not going to exchange any non-book keeping
communication with him any more. I have found that it puts me on an
emotional roller coaster and I don't need that. Some of his behavior
has been kind and caring and I begin to interpret it as he's working
on the relationship but then he does things like clean out the house
without telling me and then I got an unexpected email from his lawyer
at the middle of the day. This stuff makes me angry and emotional.

So I have informed him of my decision to step off the roller coaster,
get real with my life. I've read that people who leave like Ernie did,
planned it way ahead of time. So I think he was way ahead of me
emotionally the whole time. He had himself sorted out and decisions
made.

I have spent way too much time on this "Ernie" issue and he's not
worth it. I was out with my dental colleagues last night and it felt
so good. Most are good friends and obviously long term friends. My
practice does really well. I intend to just chill for the next year
and just enjoy my life, not make any big decisions. I do feel like I
rattle around in the big big house. I wish there were more
alternatives here in CB, like a nice condo or rental where I could be
with my pets but there is just not. Hopefully this summer I will take
over the condo in Halifax and enjoy that. I may rent it for a few
years I don't know.

I am really looking forward to Bermuda next week. The break should do
me good, I haven't been away yet this winter. Santa Fe is another
great adventure. They have over 300 art galleries and 30 museums, and
an out door opera house! Lots of culture and natural beauty. One of my
Rotary friends goes there every year and this year's trip may over lap
with my stay there. I will be on campus though doing my workshop.

I have looked at my year and scheduled off lots of time. I am hoping
we can connect. I have July 1st off of course but also the rest of the
week after that. And I have about a week and a half after I come back
from Santa Fe. If you don't come up to CB perhaps I will venture down
your way.

I had a landscaper up today who will edge, clean out and mulch my
beds, tidy the property and get things looking great. I have to go in
today or tomorrow for groceries. Other than that it's kinda dull. I
have to pack of course as well and get myself organized. I have my hat
and sunblock ready, my shorts and a few books for vegging.

Hope all is well with you, rest assured I am so much better  and
really over my bad winter. Looking very much forward to a great
summer, and hey, we ARE GOING TO HAVE GREAT WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!

  Thanks for all your support, you're great, like having a sister( one
who cares)

Love ya lots

lynn