[NatureNS] Brown Thrasher in Wolfville

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:29:30 -0300

Bernard Forsythe contacted me this morning to report a Brown Thrasher at the
home of Peggy Young, cnr of Marsh Hawk Dr and Cherry Lane, in Wolfville.   I
went down there about an hour later, met Bernard and Harold Forsyth
returning from walking along the railtracks, between Cherry Lane and
Elderkin's pond, where they had found the bird hanging around the trees
close to Elderkin's pond. I approached the rail tracks from the back of
Elderkins' pond and found the Thrasher had moved back along the railtracks
towards the north end of Cherry Lane and was singing up a storm in the
trees.  What sweet music.

Hope it sticks around for the count tomorrow.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts
    Wolfville