[NatureNS] Owl Surveys and Frogs

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 03:24:58 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I haven't heard "a chorus" as yet. Just a tentative but persistant peep or
two. I listened awile ago since the rain stopped and it is still there.
I was wondering about frogs. With all this rain, the ruts and ditches are
filled and spongy so as soon as we have a warm day or two they will be busy
spots. I must contact Mr. Gilhen and see if he wants info.
I had an owl calling from a tree immediately outside my window early Monday
morning. It was not a big sound but super close and I didn't hear any reply.
There were several calls over maybe 5 minutes and then I heard it fly off.
It was about 45 minutes before we got Robin  predawn  song.
Marg in NS

http://margmillard.ca